Converting JCL to Windows Batch Script (DOS).

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

yaduvanshi123

Converting JCL to Windows Batch Script (DOS).

#1 Post by yaduvanshi123 » 21 Jun 2012 03:49

Hi Team,

I am converting Mainframe JCL to Windows Batch Script (DOS prompt). Can you please let me know how to proceed for it.
Also, I would like to know the Windows Batch Script (DOS) equivalent command or its work around for the following:

1. SORT
2. IEBCOPY
3. IEBGENER
4. IDCAMS
5. IEFBR14
6. IKJFT01
7. Passing the parm parameters
8. Symbolic parameters etc...

If some one has done it earlier then can you please give the sample JCL to Windows Batch Script.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

foxidrive
Expert

Re: Converting JCL to Windows Batch Script (DOS).

#2 Post by foxidrive » 21 Jun 2012 05:40

You will probably not find a full conversion to batch script, because batch is full of inconsistent code using multiple undocumented commands and techniques, and also some text and other characters cannot be handled well by batch alone and are known as poison characters.

What you will find here are people that can help you build a batch file to do a task, if you describe the task well with folders and filenames, and provide examples of text where files need to be parsed.

Squashman
Expert

#3 Post by Squashman » 21 Jun 2012 05:58

foxidrive wrote:You will probably not find a full conversion to batch script, because batch is full of inconsistent code using multiple undocumented commands and techniques, and also some text and other characters cannot be handled well by batch alone and are known as poison characters.

What you will find here are people that can help you build a batch file to do a task, if you describe the task well with folders and filenames, and provide examples of text where files need to be parsed.

Pretty much the same answer we gave him on another forum I post on.
And I work on a mainframe all day every day.

foxidrive
Expert

#4 Post by foxidrive » 21 Jun 2012 06:15

So, that's probably the last time we will hear from him? 8)