Batch File to access and operate on a remote linux machine

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Kwan

Batch File to access and operate on a remote linux machine

#1 Post by Kwan » 24 Apr 2013 10:39

Hi,

I've made a batch file to access a remote Unix machine. It works fine but now I want to use this batch to execute some commands on the unix machine.

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF

"C:\Program Files\ZOC5\zoc.exe" "/CALL:[#1361966675]"

In the above line of the batch file, "zoc.exe" is the program I use to connect to the machine and the "CALL:[#1361966675]" expression it's a ZOC session which I previously created with the information like the IP, user and password to access the machine.

Now I want to type some commands in this machine, how do I do this?

Help please.

abc0502

Re: Batch File to access and operate on a remote linux machi

#2 Post by abc0502 » 24 Apr 2013 15:42

It Seems That This "ZOC5" Program Has It's Own Scripting Language.
I'm Not Sure if Batch file is what you looking for, Also it's a unix system i think it should be "Bash" commands.

If You can Establish an FTP Connection from windows system to unix system, then you can use the ftp commands and automate it in a batch file.

As I Said I'm Not Sure, but may be someone else has idea.

Kwan

#3 Post by Kwan » 29 Apr 2013 04:28

abc0502 wrote:It Seems That This "ZOC5" Program Has It's Own Scripting Language.
I'm Not Sure if Batch file is what you looking for, Also it's a unix system i think it should be "Bash" commands.

If You can Establish an FTP Connection from windows system to unix system, then you can use the ftp commands and automate it in a batch file.

As I Said I'm Not Sure, but may be someone else has idea.

How do I establish a FTP connection to this Unix system using a batch file? I can establish this FTP connection with a ordinary Filezilla Client.

foxidrive
Expert

#4 Post by foxidrive » 29 Apr 2013 06:21

You can script a FTP session using FTP.EXE and echoing commands into a text file and using the -s:file.scr switch of FTP.EXE

Type FTP /?
for help.