Fastest way to extract IP:port occurances any text file?

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

foxidrive
Expert

Re: Fastest way to extract IP:port occurances any text file?

#16 Post by foxidrive » 19 Aug 2013 17:34

MKANET wrote:Anyway, it looks like Penpen's original batch file is the ONLY way to do it without any other file dependencies (ie, findrepl.bat or grep).

Findrepl is a batch file - it doesn't require any tools that aren't already in the system so there are no dependencies to worry about. You can even integrate it into your batch file.

MKANET

Re: Fastest way to extract IP:port occurances any text file?

#17 Post by MKANET » 19 Aug 2013 19:18

Thanks Foxdrive. Yes, I know its a batch file; but I still consider it as a added dependency file; unless I include the entire findrepl.bat code into all my batch files that need to use it :) It if it was a few lines of code, then it might have been a difference story. I guess the issue is moot anyway since GNU grep tool also has 4 dependency dlls (total of file files instead of just one batch file). I guess I just need to decide what will work best for me in the long run; without putting too much focus on having zero dependencies.

foxidrive wrote:
MKANET wrote:Anyway, it looks like Penpen's original batch file is the ONLY way to do it without any other file dependencies (ie, findrepl.bat or grep).

Findrepl is a batch file - it doesn't require any tools that aren't already in the system so there are no dependencies to worry about. You can even integrate it into your batch file.