Create .bat file or .reg whose unpin Tiles form Start screen

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Krump

Create .bat file or .reg whose unpin Tiles form Start screen

#1 Post by Krump » 02 Dec 2014 15:07

Hi,

I must create .bat or .reg file whose unpin, pin and sort Tiles in start screen on win 8.1. (second and thierd are optional). I very need this, becaus I must do this on about 200 computers and handywork is to long. I search in google and look everywhere but I don't find anything special that woluld help me.

What instruction, what directory. Is it might imposible?

I would be very grateful.
Last edited by Krump on 03 Dec 2014 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Squashman
Expert

Re: Create .bat file or .reg whose unpin Tiles form Start sc

#2 Post by Squashman » 02 Dec 2014 20:20

Are these computers attached to a domain?

Krump

#3 Post by Krump » 03 Dec 2014 00:53

Yep, but I don't have full access unfortunately

Squashman
Expert

#4 Post by Squashman » 03 Dec 2014 07:27

Well my thought process would be that with the advent of Windows 8, Microsoft would have added something like that as a Group Policy. Which is why I asked if they were part of a domain.

I don't know of any way to do what you are trying to do with any scripting language.

Krump

#5 Post by Krump » 03 Dec 2014 11:58

Hmm... Okey... Maybe somebody else know.

I find somthing that http://www.howtogeek.com/178667/how-to-reset-the-windows-8.x-start-screen-to-the-default-tiles/
May I doing one computer, copy this file on server and copy from server and restart new computer using my .bat file. Is it work?

And how I can do this on a Group Policy? Maybe I have sufficient permissions.

Squashman
Expert

#6 Post by Squashman » 03 Dec 2014 14:55

Krump wrote:Hmm... Okey... Maybe somebody else know.

I find somthing that http://www.howtogeek.com/178667/how-to-reset-the-windows-8.x-start-screen-to-the-default-tiles/
May I doing one computer, copy this file on server and copy from server and restart new computer using my .bat file. Is it work?

And how I can do this on a Group Policy? Maybe I have sufficient permissions.

What role do you play in this company? I can't imagine not being able to ask the Network Administrator to push this down as a group policy. That is where I would go first. The many years I worked in Network Administration all the Help Desk people and Administrators worked with each other to make the network the best it could be. If you are doing something without the Admins permission I would advise not too.

Krump

#7 Post by Krump » 04 Dec 2014 11:48

I'm IT **consored**, it's no helpdesk, but sometimes I must doing similar work. I'm between helpdesk and administrators. Don't worry. If I have permissions, I can do this. This is our company politics, because in each country are different requirements and approach to work. Trust me, there are rules modificated many years and there is no confusion or vulnerabilities.

So can you help me?

Maybe Group Policy won't be needed, and this will work

Krump

#8 Post by Krump » 05 Dec 2014 10:59

Yupi!!! I do this. When I replace appsFolder.itemdata-ms, appsFolder.itemdata-ms.bak from finished PC and restert computer it's work.

But I have another problem. It replaced all tips whose can be untiped, but! Stay there many aplication to uninstall. For example weather or skype, people, mail, calender.

And now I must uninstall all in bat file, but it's powershell. Can u help me?

Krump

#9 Post by Krump » 08 Dec 2014 06:00

ok i have solution. this's powershell task. I must uninstall apps in powershell.