Rediscovery of BG.exe (now v3.4), the best batch utility ever created!

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

KKZiomek

Rediscovery of BG.exe (now v3.4), the best batch utility ever created!

#1 Post by KKZiomek » 27 Mar 2017 18:07

A programmer named Carlos Montiers Aguilera created many useful utilities for Batch some time ago. One of the best is BG.exe, which takes in key and mouse input, writes in color, changes font size, and displays sprites in 8-bit color superfast.

On this and other forums, older versions of BG.exe can be found along with download links, but... the download links don't work anymore. They are broken. Fortunately, on the web archive, I found the original BG.exe site (A big rediscovery!) and original documentation. I uploaded the original newest version of BG.exe packed with documentation, examples, etc. (v3.4.) here -> https://mega.nz/#!bQZyRBzZ!MHL8tZLWVKy3 ... m5wHWOgpIY

The archive file at this link is unmodified at all. It is provided as it was by Carlos.

I am most likely the only one to know about this, so I decided to share it with everyone, because it is the best utility the Batch community ever saw and will ever see. (By the way, I was using the newest version that no one knows about, for a long time).

Thank you.

aGerman
Expert

Re: Rediscovery of BG.exe (now v3.4), the best batch utility ever created!

#2 Post by aGerman » 28 Mar 2017 11:11

Thank you KKZiomek.

I will write a PM to Carlos and inform him that his home page is down and that you provided an alternative download link.
Please note that it will be his decision if I leave this link in your thread.

Steffen

carlos
Expert

#3 Post by carlos » 29 Mar 2017 13:27

thanks KKZiomek. The site consolesoft.com is online again. I have a updated sprite.exe for bg. I will publish it coming soon.

carlos
Expert

#4 Post by carlos » 02 Apr 2017 20:45

I published the new version. It updates sprite.exe and bg.exe.
bg.exe font was not working ok on windows 10, I fixed it.
sprite.exe now uses an associative array. If in a command line you uses 10 times the same spr file with different coords, it read the spr file once time.