What is Your Greatest Batch?

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Samir

What is Your Greatest Batch?

#1 Post by Samir » 13 Apr 2017 14:38

All of us here have a batch file doing some job saving lots of time, effort, energy. Many of us have been able to make our batch or make it better because of this forum. 8)

So what's your greatest batch file doing? What does it save in terms of time, money, effort etc? You don't have to post the batch (please don't) or the specifics, but just an idea of the workload the batch handles would be really cool to know.

Samir

Re: What is Your Greatest Batch?

#2 Post by Samir » 13 Apr 2017 14:38

Me first. :mrgreen: Probably my greatest batch takes 30 minutes of manual work and finishes it in under 10 seconds.

ShadowThief
Expert

#3 Post by ShadowThief » 13 Apr 2017 19:42

The details of my most complex/longest script are covered by an NDA, but I can say that it ran daily and based on the day, saved anywhere from 2 to 4 hours.

The script that I'm most proud of that I can freely talk about is this: https://github.com/sintrode/passgen
It doesn't really save any time, but it does eliminate that pesky human element that's usually present when you have to make a new password.

Samir

#4 Post by Samir » 14 Apr 2017 16:31

ShadowThief wrote:...it ran daily and based on the day, saved anywhere from 2 to 4 hours.
That's some pretty cool time savings (and probably money) for a batch file. 8)

Atrey

#5 Post by Atrey » 25 Aug 2017 07:48

I made a music program where you can control the console with MIDI controls, cue audio and samples and such. track listings are highlighted green if they are playing and red if they are not.

Kvc

#7 Post by Kvc » 03 Sep 2017 04:52

8) 8) 8) Feels like - this platform is similar to Quora. The Question and answer thing...! :) BTW, I'm New here - So, I'll get straight to the point...

*What is my Greatest Batch Project?
**Let me think... A Lot of them comes to mind... But...

This one is the BatchStore Project - Link -http://www.thebateam.org/2017/06/batch-app-batch-store-v10-by-kvc.html

I've created this awesome - PlaySotre - like utility for my website (Idea came from @PaperTronics, Plugins provided by @Sounak, App Designed by @Namish). So, That was the first time when I worked in a team. And, We all did a great job.

You can see that by analyzing its flawless working.
Kvc
Last edited by Kvc on 03 Sep 2017 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowThief
Expert

#8 Post by ShadowThief » 03 Sep 2017 09:34

Pretty sure he meant "What's your greatest project that you've written in batch."

Also, on a completely unrelated note, do you notice how nobody else here has a signature and you had to add yours manually? Think about why that might be.
Last edited by ShadowThief on 03 Sep 2017 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

aGerman
Expert

#9 Post by aGerman » 03 Sep 2017 10:58

No this platform is not like Quora, it's rather a Batch-related support forum. Also on Quora such a thread would have been most likely closed because it's not helpful at all. And yes as the topic states this thread is about "Your Greatest Batch". Permanently advertising for your website is quite annoying. If I'm fed up I'll just clean up the whole shebang.

Steffen

Kvc

#10 Post by Kvc » 03 Sep 2017 11:37

@ShadowTheif & @aGerman

Just re-read my own comment in the forum. And, Analyzing it by your point of view... I agree - it seems like an adv. But, it was not my intention.

The excitement of sharing my work with a someone with the same mindset of the field didn't let me realize this thing. I'm going to edit the comment and keep things neat and precise.

*Still in learning phase! And, always will be. :)