Set Global and "local" Counter [SOLVED]

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

AlphaInc.

Set Global and "local" Counter [SOLVED]

#1 Post by AlphaInc. » 06 Aug 2021 04:56

Hello everybody,

I have created a template for MediaInfo to output specific information about the video files inside a specific folder. The output will then be written to a txt-file.
This is the command I Use:

Code: Select all

for %%A in (*.mkv) do C:\System\Mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform=file://C:\System\Mediainfo\template1.txt %%A >> Output1.txt
for %%A in (*.jpg) do C:\System\Mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform=file://C:\System\Mediainfo\template2.txt %%A >> Output2.txt
the template (template1.txt) for MKV's looks like this:

General;--------------------------------------------------------------------\n%fileCounter%\n--------------------------------------------------------------------\n\nFile-Name...............: %CompleteName%\nFile-Size...............: %FileSize/String%\nDuration................: %Duration/String%\nOverall-Bitrate.........: %OverallBitRate/String%\n
Video;Video-Codec.............: %Format/String%\nVideo-Bitrate...........: %BitRate_Maximum/String%\nVideo-Auflösung.........: %Width%x%Height%\nVideo-Size..............: %StreamSize/String%\n
Audio;Audio-Langauge %audioCounter%........: %Language/String%\nAudio-Format %audioCounter%..........: %Format/String% (%CodecID%)\nAudio-Bitrate %audioCounter%.........: %BitRate/String% (%SamplingRate/String%)\nAudio-Size %audioCounter%............: %StreamSize/String%\n
Text;Text-Bitrate %textCounter%..........: %Language/String%\nText-Codec %textCounter%............: %Format/String%\nText-Bitrate %textCounter%..........: %BitRate/String%\nText-Size %textCounter%.............: %StreamSize/String%\n
File_End;\n
And the template (template2.txt) for JPGs looks like this:

General;--------------------------------------------------------------------\n%fileCounter%\n--------------------------------------------------------------------\n\nFile-Name...............: %CompleteName%\nPhoto-Codec.............: %Format/String%\n
Image;Photo-Auflösung.........: %Width%x%Height%\nPhoto-Size..............: %StreamSize/String%\n
File_End;\n
Now i want to expand this by setting different counters. I want the script to count for all files (it should just go File 1, File 2, File 3, etc.) and also the different audio and text-information but for those two, the counter should be reset after every file. I thought about something like this but I'm not sure how to do:

set /A fileCounter=0 for
   set /B audioCounter=0
   set /C textCounter=0
      for %%A in (*.mkv) do C:\System\Mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform=file://C:\System\Mediainfo\template1.txt %%A >> Output1.txt
   set /B audioCounter=0
   set /C textCounter=0
      for %%A in (*.jpg) do C:\System\Mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform=file://C:\System\Mediainfo\template2.txt %%A >> Output2.txt
   set /B audioCounter=0
   set /C textCounter=0
But that specific code did not work (it outputs the file and leves everything empty where my counters have been set, probably because the mediainfo template uses this kind of syntax.
Last edited by AlphaInc. on 10 Jul 2022 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

aGerman
Expert

Re: Set Global and "local" Counter

#2 Post by aGerman » 06 Aug 2021 11:32

Don't get it, sorry. However, there's no such things like SET /B or SET /C.

Steffen

AlphaInc.

#3 Post by AlphaInc. » 06 Aug 2021 12:32

What I meant is to set a counter (With SET /B and SET /C I was trying to set a counter in the head of the tool and define it as 0 to later increase)

When executing the commands listed in the script the counter should increase with every file (fileCounter) respectively every audio (audioCounter) and Subtitle (textCounter).

IcarusLives

#4 Post by IcarusLives » 06 Aug 2021 12:54

You're missing the entire fundamental of set /a.

set /a "var=1"

set /a "var[1]=var + 1"
set /a "var[2]=var[1] + 2"

set /a "var+=1"
You don't change the command. You create an array and add to each variable accordingly.

ShadowThief
Expert

#5 Post by ShadowThief » 06 Aug 2021 13:23

The "a" in "set /a" is short for "arithmetic."

AlphaInc.

#6 Post by AlphaInc. » 06 Aug 2021 13:52

Ah okay, that's how i set the counter. And do i implement "var" in a text file to increase ?

I even have troubles to even increase the counter for fileCounter (as shown in my mediainfo-template. When I execute the script like that the line stays empty without anything.

@echo off

set /a fileCounter=0
	for %%A in (*.mkv) do (
		set /a fileCounter=fileCounter+1
		C:\System\Mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform=file://debug.txt %%A >> Output1.txt
		)
exit