Script to test 50+ FTP connections/image transfers to server

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

dazzyboi

Script to test 50+ FTP connections/image transfers to server

#1 Post by dazzyboi » 18 May 2010 13:53

I have been asked to develop a lightweight FTP stress test app for work, we are rolling out more IP camera's for customers and we need to test a new server to see if it could cope with the amount of images being sent to the server at the same time.

I have a little bit of programming knowledge but mainly around VBScript these days

Now, the camera's themselves are motion triggered so the images are capturered and sent to the server. We already have a front end web-interface in place so I can access this.

We have set-up 50 test users which includes 3 real camera's and the rest are mock directories.

The stress test app must be able to initiate multiple connections to the ftp server and push about 5 "test" images to each directory at the same time to see if the server could cope

What would be the best way to approach this? I think the main factors I would like to achiever here is something lightweight and doesnt take weeks to develop and something that a novice developer could cope with. I want to see if this could be achieved easily?

Im going to be doing some research online but wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with stress testing FTP ? If there is any apps already on the market available for download then I would concider using these.

Any help is ALWAYS greatly appriciated :)