The ULTIMATE Command Line Utility

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Interfacist

The ULTIMATE Command Line Utility

#1 Post by Interfacist » 03 Nov 2022 00:11

Greetings Gurus, I want to share a truly game changing utility. It allows you to easily build custom user interface front ends for your scripts and batch processes.
The name is Interfacist: Interfacist.com
  • Easy Syntax
  • Regex Processing
  • Color Pickers, Numeric Sliders, and other cool controls
  • The UI is 100% Skinnable
  • Embed Multiple Scripts in a CHiP
  • Use named variables in any script or file
  • Apex Buttons
For example you can create a UI with simple text statements in a text file with the extension CHiP. This type of control allows one to just drag and drop to process files.
The commands you use can reference any other control value to create more intricate and dynamic commands.

Code: Select all

-a Rotate_90|C:\Ancient\XnView\nconvert.exe|-overwrite -jpegtrans rot90 "~!~"
-a Rotate_180|C:\Ancient\XnView\nconvert.exe|-overwrite -jpegtrans rot180 "~!~"
-a Rotate_270|C:\Ancient\XnView\nconvert.exe|-overwrite -jpegtrans rot270 "~!~"
-a Vertical_Flip|C:\Ancient\XnView\nconvert.exe|~File_Type_Change~ -q ~Quality~ ~OverWrite~ -yflip "~!~"
-a Horizontal_Flip|C:\Ancient\XnView\nconvert.exe|~File_Type_Change~ -q ~Quality~ ~OverWrite~ -xflip "~!~"

All these screenshots are from the same program, you define what controls you want in your UI to run whatever scripts/apps you want. Choose from more than 60 control types.

Last edited by Interfacist on 03 Nov 2022 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowThief
Expert

Re: The ULTIMATE Command Line Utility

#2 Post by ShadowThief » 03 Nov 2022 01:22

Why would you want this? Just interact with the script via the keyboard like normal. No reason to bring the mouse into this.

If you want a GUI, don't use a scripting language.

ShadowThief
Expert

#3 Post by ShadowThief » 03 Nov 2022 01:25

Also, I keep reading the name as interfascist, so maybe change the name?

Interfacist

#4 Post by Interfacist » 03 Nov 2022 04:52

ShadowThief wrote:
03 Nov 2022 01:22
Why would you want this? Just interact with the script via the keyboard like normal. No reason to bring the mouse into this.
If you want a GUI, don't use a scripting language.
Interfacist accelerates the command line with a preset system, Database connectivity and other features.
For example you could iterate and run a command line process over every record in a CSV file or Database query result in a single click.
You can inject named variables into any script language (including batch files) and then execute it.
You can run sequences of regular expressions on any file or the clipboard.
There are auto calculating fields based on other field values. Buttons can target multiple scripts.
Try the trial, then you will understand the true capabilities, it's far beyond what you may initially think...

ShadowThief
Expert

#5 Post by ShadowThief » 03 Nov 2022 10:57

Interfacist wrote:
03 Nov 2022 04:52
Interfacist accelerates the command line with a preset system, Database connectivity and other features.
For example you could iterate and run a command line process over every record in a CSV file or Database query result in a single click.
You can inject named variables into any script language (including batch files) and then execute it.
You can run sequences of regular expressions on any file or the clipboard.
There are auto calculating fields based on other field values. Buttons can target multiple scripts.
Try the trial, then you will understand the true capabilities, it's far beyond what you may initially think...
I can do all of that with a for loop.

I downloaded your program and found it wildly unintuitive. For something that claims to make things easier, I'd expect to be able to build the interface by dragging and dropping parts of the GUI around instead of slogging through some of the worst-organized documentation I've ever seen in a "manual." Your user manual doesn't even have an index.

Interfacist

#6 Post by Interfacist » 03 Nov 2022 11:12

ShadowThief wrote:
03 Nov 2022 10:57
I downloaded your program and found it wildly unintuitive. For something that claims to make things easier, I'd expect to be able to build the interface by dragging and dropping parts of the GUI around instead of slogging through some of the worst-organized documentation I've ever seen in a "manual." Your user manual doesn't even have an index.
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it, I'll update the documentation to include an index, it does have a PDF bookmarks which I assumed were enough.
Any additional points please let me know, I'd like to communicate further, please send me a private message.
Thanks again.