[OFF TOPIC] Your relation to batch files

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Odder93

[OFF TOPIC] Your relation to batch files

#1 Post by Odder93 » 25 Jul 2008 07:05

I've been wondering what relations you guys have with bath files?

I just use it as a sparetime killer ;-)

best regards "Odder"

mgrahek

#2 Post by mgrahek » 12 Sep 2008 18:52

I am using it as a step back into programming. I hate system maintenance and I'm looking at making it a little more simple. That's how I got started. Actually, I had to log off an XP machine at a certain time and didn't know how, so I made a single line command, saved as a .bat file and scheduled it to run. Not very elegant but it worked well!

I found my love of programming again and I want to get back into it. I think I have good ideas and hope to put them to good use. What would be the best language to pick up to run on MS systems? I've had a class in VB and did very well, but that was almost 9 years ago!!!

Any suggestions as to what to look into? I'd like to do some frelance progamming at some point.

Thanks

RobJohnB95

use of batch

#3 Post by RobJohnB95 » 12 Jul 2009 14:51

I use it to create custom installation files or simple recovery program of lost files needed within games and apps as such that may have been currupted, most likely by attempted modding and no backing ups.

i also use it as to download certain tools of the net that each computer requires to do a certain job such as activeX for internet explorer.. then let a whole room of computers run the file and all have active x within seconds..

mostly benefitial reasons