sub strings extraction from multiline output

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

foxidrive
Expert

Re: sub strings extraction from multiline output

#16 Post by foxidrive » 09 Jan 2014 02:58

Mahendra wrote:There other limitations to use...., like...it will always preferable single script. because to reduce the dependency of other script. size of the release bundle.....

Just as an idle comment - the people supplying their help free of charge will often use the script that is most enjoyable to create and/or easiest that does the task.

If you supply good details from the start, and outline any limitations, then you may get something custom designed for you.

I'm grumbling a lot lately, aren't I? :D

Mahendra

#17 Post by Mahendra » 09 Jan 2014 10:36

excellent solution....Many thanks....i have tested many scenarios....all most all the scenarios are working.....

Aacini
Expert

#18 Post by Aacini » 09 Jan 2014 10:59

foxidrive wrote:I'm grumbling a lot lately, aren't I? :D

This is a good thing, foxi, because you express the feelings of some of us (the mine at least :) ). When I read your comments I calm down and don't write my own complaints...

BTW, I invite you to post a comment in this sense in the "plugin" thread. I am writting my own complaint on it right now! :mrgreen:

Antonio

foxidrive
Expert

#19 Post by foxidrive » 09 Jan 2014 21:22

Aacini wrote:
foxidrive wrote:I'm grumbling a lot lately, aren't I? :D

This is a good thing, foxi, because you express the feelings of some of us (the mine at least :) ). When I read your comments I calm down and don't write my own complaints...

BTW, I invite you to post a comment in this sense in the "plugin" thread. I am writting my own complaint on it right now! :mrgreen:

Antonio

Thanks. As for the plugin concept - I let that thread drift off and stopped reading it as I don't see a plugin batch concept going very far.

It's more academic than practical, as you noted there.