Messenger question

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

therealbinglebob

Messenger question

#1 Post by therealbinglebob » 16 Jun 2009 20:24

Hey guys,
I just registered an i have a question. I'm working on a Messenger Dos program. i was to make it between to people. So two people have the same file to send the message to the other. Then i want to have sort of a middle program "chatroom" that records the conversation. I just don't know how to take the text that was sent to the other person into the "chatroom" file. Could anyone help me?

RElliott63
Expert

#2 Post by RElliott63 » 17 Jun 2009 10:06

If I understand this correctly, you're sending a file (probably text) between 2 people. And you're wanting to know how to "record" the conversation between the 2 people (by basically concatenating the files together?

When you send the file to the "other" person (via copy/xcopy/ftp..whatever) then do either:

Copy Conversation.txt + Message.txt Conversation.txt

-or-

Echo Message.txt >> Conversation.txt

Is that what you mean?

therealbinglebob

#3 Post by therealbinglebob » 17 Jun 2009 14:14

no because i'm not sending a message.txt file between them. I'm using netsend so they type in the persons ip address and then type a message. I want to record the messages sent back and forth between the two people in a separate file. but i guess i could take whats said in that message put in in a .txt file and then put that in the other .bat file as the chat room file. but now i have a new question. I have this working last night and i was messaging the computer next to me and today i cant even send a message to myself and 127.1.1.1 as a localhost. and when i try to send it to myself or any other computer i get this:

Code: Select all

An error occured while sending a message to xxx.xxx.x.x

The message alias could not be found on the network.

More help is availble by typing NET HELPMSG 2273

Press any key to continue...

anyone know why?