JREPL.BAT v8.4 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

mwaychoff

Re: JREPL.BAT v8.3 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

#436 Post by mwaychoff » 23 Jul 2019 12:10

Thanks for continued support. How can I handle percent(%) character? following does not seem to work as expected...

::SyntaxDescr MediaWiki pmWiki
::NumberAlpha ## "## %alpha%"
call jrepl_v8_3.bat "##" "## %alpha%" /f C:\Temp\jrepl\output.rtf /o - /l

mwaychoff

Re: JREPL.BAT v8.3 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

#437 Post by mwaychoff » 25 Jul 2019 15:22

I have few thousand files from MediaWiki that are a part of a translation I am working on to pmWiki. Many of these files have underscores in filename...but links in MediaWiki have spaces as follows...

Filenames have underscores:
ACI_318_08.pdf

MediaWiki links have spaces:
[[Media:ACI 318 08.pdf|ACI 318-08 - Imperial]]

Right now this does NOT work in pmWiki:
[[Attach:ACI 318 08.pdf|ACI 318-08 - Imperial]]

Right now this DOES work in pmWiki:
[[Attach:ACI_318_08.pdf|ACI 318-08 - Imperial]]

Please advise how to replace space with underscore between '[[Attach:' and '.pdf|'
I have many thousands of broken links of this nature to attend to.

Much appreciated.

fwmartins

#438 Post by fwmartins » 15 Aug 2019 23:32

I apologize for my bad english,"google translator"
I want to thank everyone in particular for Dave Benham for this great tool, fantastic. I am still crawling in the JREPL world, I have studied the examples adapting them to my needs. I'm happy with the results.I would like to share

ex.
search the lines of text containing the word joaçaba

jrepl "^(.+?)Joaçaba.*$" "if ($1!=prev) {$1;$0} " /jmatch /jbeg "prev=''" /f input.txt >output.txt

cleaning html

type input.html | jrepl "=?\r?\n" "" /m | jrepl "<tr>(.*?)</tr>" "$1" /jmatch /m >output.html

Maybe someone can improve them .

MarzSyndrome

#439 Post by MarzSyndrome » 12 Sep 2019 21:51

Hi there! Thought I'd register for the first time a year and a half after discovering JREPL for the first time. :)

It's always come in handy when I need to adjust files on-the-fly within batch scripts, and one of the things I liked was how you could choose a specific line, or range of lines, to remove from a text file altogether. For example, this always worked for me:

Code: Select all

jrepl "^" "" /k 0 /exc 30:31 /u /f main.c /o main2.c
... that is, until v8.0 (and beyond). For some reason when the new file is written, it remains identical to the original, and no lines are removed. It's as if something got changed along the way and this method doesn't work anymore. I did consult the v8.0 changelog to see what had changed and can only conclude that it must be something to do with the /K parameter. But unfortunately I'm not smart enough to determine whether I'm missing another setting now, or if there is in fact a bug in the current JREPL build. Which may be the case, as after further tinkering I discovered that I could remove line 1..... and only line 1. Referencing any line other than the first - whether stand-alone or a range - results in no changes being made.

I sort-of found a way around it by using hex-code references and the /X and /M parameters but this seems very long-winded to remove just two lines. So I thought I'd mention the issue just in case I have indeed discovered a bug in the code.

Feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything important here. Thanks! :)

dbenham
Expert

#440 Post by dbenham » 13 Sep 2019 05:42

That is most definitely a serious bug :!: :cry:

Not sure how long it will take, but I will definitely fix that.

Thanks for reporting - please don't hesitate to report any suspect behavior in the future.

Dave Benham

dbenham
Expert

Re: JREPL.BAT v8.4 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

#441 Post by dbenham » 13 Sep 2019 11:20

Well that was an easy fix. I replaced version 8.3 with version 8.4

I also updated the main release to version 8.4 at the original post in this thread.

Thanks again MarzSyndrome - you were a big help.

Dave Benham