JREPL.BAT v8.6 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

bobax

Re: JREPL.BAT v8.6 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

#481 Post by bobax » 14 Nov 2020 14:18

Thanks a lot for feedback, that is much appreciated.
I am pretty new to this so I will give it a try and experiment on it...

Riko

GEORGE300

Re: JREPL.BAT v8.6 - regex text processor with support for text highlighting and alternate character sets

#482 Post by GEORGE300 » 08 Feb 2021 14:06

Hello there,

For a dailly usage case in which all files in a folder need to be converted from utf-8 to utf-16 is this script suited ?
So, just run manually script when needed.
Thanks a lot

dbenham
Expert

#483 Post by dbenham » 08 Feb 2021 14:44

Converting utf-8 to utf-16 could be done with JREPL, but you would get much better performance with aGerman's CONVERT.exe. Its sole purpose is to convert text files from one encoding to another.

Both utilities process only one file, so you would have to process an entire folder using a FOR loop either way.

aGerman
Expert

#484 Post by aGerman » 08 Feb 2021 15:46

JREPL might be a real good choice because it's a script which works with on-board resources.

Code: Select all

for %%i in ("*.txt") do cmd /c jrepl "^" "" /f "%%~i|UTF-8" /o "-|UTF-16"

CONVERTCP has the disadvantage of being a 3rd party executable. However, if performance matters (e.g. due to big files or a lot of text in total) it might be more suitable for you.

for %%i in ("*.txt") do convertcp "UTF-8" "UTF-16" /b /i "%%~i" /o "%%~i.tmp~" && move /y "%%~i.tmp~" "%%~i"
(Direct overwriting of the original file is not supported on purpose.)

Beware of running those scripts twice on the same files!

Steffen

Snazz

#485 Post by Snazz » 21 May 2021 00:19

Hi,

I'm new to JREPL and this level of regex, forgive me if this has been covered in the previous 484 posts.

I've got an expression working on regex101 here but it doesn't seem to work with JREPL.

(hello_worldi[0-9]+e[0-9]+)
It worked when there was only one "[0-9]+" but having a second one after the "e" seems to break it.

Essentially I'm trying to add a setting to a text file, where the settings only exist there if they're different to default.
So I find the setting that is always next to it, which has dynamic numbers before and after the "e" character.

Hazado

#486 Post by Hazado » 21 May 2021 11:13

https://regex101.com/r/UnSIRS/1

Im attempting to make this regex work. Does work with regex101.

Regex - <AppSet>[\r\s]*?<Applicator>[\r\s]*?<plMatrixChannelApplicator>[\r\s]*?.*Pinky((?!<\/AppSet>))[\s\S]*?<\/AppSet>

Any Help is appreciated. Thank you

FreakyBird

#487 Post by FreakyBird » 22 Aug 2021 18:08

Hello,

I'm struggling with a difficulty to use JREPL.bat for my goal. Hope someone can help me :)

I have this code :

<config>
        <bool name="audio.bgmusic" value="false" />
	<bool name="global.achievements" value="true" />
	<string name="listViewStyle" value="Spin" />
	<string name="HiddenFeatures" value="Freaky bird;joy;ekett;prorata;great;super;beautiful" />
	<string name="Language" value="us_US" />
</config>
What i want is to find the hiddenFeatures line and replace the "Freaky bird;joy;ekett;prorata;great;super;beautiful" that is between quote. This value change everytime so actually i've tried :

setlocal enableDelayedExpansion
set "newValue=myNewValue"
type "settings.cfg"|jrepl "(<string name="HiddenFeatures" value=").*(" />)" "$1!newValue!$2" >fileName.cfg.new
Move /y "fileName.cfg.new" "settings.cfg"
But it doesn't work. Can somenone help ?

Thanks in adavance,
Last edited by aGerman on 23 Aug 2021 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: code formatting

aGerman
Expert

#488 Post by aGerman » 23 Aug 2021 10:30

Use extra escape sequences (option /XSEQ) in order to to be able to use \q rather than quotes in your pattern.
Also, JREPL supports overwriting of the input file.

setlocal enableDelayedExpansion
set "newValue=myNewValue"
cmd /c jrepl "(<string name=\qHiddenFeatures\q value=\q).*(\q />)" "$1!newValue!$2" /XSEQ /F "settings.cfg" /O -
Steffen

medp7060

#490 Post by medp7060 » 18 Sep 2021 01:35

Hi there.

I've got this batch to extract the text between wordA and wordB from a text file: wordA----------text1-----------wordB

@echo off
type infile |jrepl ".*wordA(.*)wordB.*" "$1" > outfile
It works when there are only one set of wordA and wordB. It returns i.e. "----------text1-----------"

However, if the wordB appears more than once, e.g. wordA----------text1-----------wordB-------text2-------------wordB

then output is all the text between the first wordA and the last wordB, i.e. "----------text1-----------wordB-------text2-------------"

How can I make it return the text between the first "wordA" and the first "wordB"?

Example:

{"info":"OK","content":"This is my text","status":200,"error_code":0}
If I set wordA to content":" and wordB to "
The output of the above script is: This is my text","status":200,"error_code
What I want is: This is my text

Your help is much appreciated.

aGerman
Expert

#491 Post by aGerman » 18 Sep 2021 15:33

cmd /c jrepl.bat ".*\qcontent\q:\q(.+?(?=\q)).*" "$1" /XSEQ /F "infile" /O "outfile"
https://regex101.com/r/kbvFkJ/1

Steffen

medp7060

#492 Post by medp7060 » 18 Sep 2021 19:00

Many thanks, Steffen. It works as expected!!!

IanC

#493 Post by IanC » 06 Oct 2021 06:09

I'm struggling to do a JPREL operation on a simple XML (GPX) file. The section I want to delete (complete with line-feeds) is as follows:

<extensions>
<mmttimezone>+01:00</mmttimezone>
</extensions>
So what am I doing wrong here?

Call jrepl "\<extensions\>\s.*?\s\<\/extensions\>\s" "" /M/f MMT.gpx /o -
I think it's something to do with line-feeds. I've tried \r \n amongst others, and I believe the file is UTF-8. Not sure if I have the /M switch in the correct place, or even if I need it?

aGerman
Expert

#494 Post by aGerman » 06 Oct 2021 10:30

If you want to use \r and \n you have to pass option /XSEQ.
That should work:

Call jrepl "\<extensions\>\r\n.*?\r\n\<\/extensions\>\r\n" "" /XSEQ /M /F "MMT.gpx" /O -
Steffen

IanC

#495 Post by IanC » 07 Oct 2021 15:01

aGerman wrote:
06 Oct 2021 10:30
If you want to use \r and \n you have to pass option /XSEQ.
That should work:

Call jrepl "\<extensions\>\r\n.*?\r\n\<\/extensions\>\r\n" "" /XSEQ /M /F "MMT.gpx" /O -
Steffen
Many thanks, that did it!