Gotoxy - advanced color text output and cursor control - now with server!

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

DQ2000

Re: Gotoxy

#31 Post by DQ2000 » 23 Oct 2019 09:33

When I save the file. the text that has its editor is saved :(

misol101

#32 Post by misol101 » 23 Oct 2019 10:49

DQ2000 wrote:
23 Oct 2019 09:33
When I save the file. the text that has its editor is saved :(
The language barrier is an issue here... I honestly don’t know what that means :?

I will make a guess... you are running editor.bat and now you want to save your file but you cannot figure out how it works.

I agree, it is a little cryptic. To save a file, you must press F2 *twice*.

Step 1: place cursor at the top left of the block you want to save. Press F2
Step 2: place cursor at bottom right of the block you want to save. Press F2 again. Next, type in the name of the file to save and press Enter.

As a shortcut, if your top left save coordinate is 0,0 (top left), you can skip step 1. Place cursor at bottom right of the block you want to save and press F2, then press F2 again, followed by name. The block is saved from 0,0 to the bottom right coordinate.

I hope I didn’t answer to the completely wrong thing here...

DQ2000

#33 Post by DQ2000 » 23 Oct 2019 11:03

the one from spr to gotoxy worked great thanks :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
visit my link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jqey5t1pd ... T.rar/file

misol101

#34 Post by misol101 » 08 Aug 2020 16:39

Well well, a new version of GotoXY (v 1.1) ! I don't think I touched this code since 2016 :)

The updated link is the same as in the first post (and shared with Cmdwiz).

I was adding server mode to Cmdwiz, and then I figured I should do it for Gotoxy as well, for a great speed improvement (not rivaling Cmdgfx, but Gotoxy has other virtues such as word wrapping, buffer scrolling, cursor control etc). Additionally, there were some (very old by now) bugs on the Todo-list that I fixed as well.

In order to control the speed of GotoXY when running as server, cmdgfx_input.exe should be used as input server. See server-cmdwiz-gotoxy-test.bat in the archive for an example (which actually runs 3 servers: cmdgfx_input, cmdwiz, gotoxy).

All changes:

1. Server mode. Start by specifying the S flag, such as: gotoxy k k "" 0 0 S . Next, send commands to it using echo with gotoxy: as prefix, e.g: echo "gotoxy: 10 25 "Text to write" a 0". To quit the server, specify the Sflag a second time, like: echo "gotoxy: k k "" 0 0 S"

2. Transparency (with \T) now also works with encoded characters in the string

3. \ka (to use last foreground color and set bgcolor to e.g. 10) now works, just like \ak to do the opposite. \ka was not working due to a clash with \k in gotoxy_extended.exe. Gotoxy_extended therefore had that switch changed to \L