Help me to check a folder with a filelist and move anything not there.

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

c160704

Help me to check a folder with a filelist and move anything not there.

#1 Post by c160704 » 15 Oct 2017 16:31

Hello, I will use a fictional example to explain what I need but it can be useful for many other cases:

Say, I did a clean installation of a game in "C:\mygame" folder. Then I checked the game folder with a SFV tool and generated a "mygame.sfv" list, like this:

C:\mygame\game.exe 2D389199
C:\mygame\game.bin 9B4C5810
C:\mygame\data\game.dat E253DA7B
etc...

My friend also has this game in his PC but he installed a lot of mods which are causing trouble and he wants to get rid of them, but there are hundreds of files and folders! I checked his game with "mygame.sfv" and all files verified OK.

Now, is there a script, program or anything that can help to MOVE all the files and folders not pertaining to the game to another folder (keeping the source folder structure)?

Important requirement: must work in Windows XP.

I have searched long time for something like this with no luck. I hope someone can help. Thank you very much, and sorry if this is not he right forum for this question.

pieh-ejdsch

Re: Help me to check a folder with a filelist and move anything not there.

#2 Post by pieh-ejdsch » 16 Oct 2017 12:49

Hello,
https://www.administrator.de/frage/batch-zwei-verzeichnisse-zusammenlegen-copy-xcopy-robocopy-187633.html#comment-765309
You can do this by a small detour.
Make an exact copy of the data (folders) that correspond to the original game.
Now you take the script to group folders and move from the large to the copied folder.
Use the "/U" option.
Dont erase the source. This will only have the patchfiles.
Now you have moved into your copied folder all the same data from the Overtaking folder.

Phil