Bget is a batch-file command-line tool for handling Windows scripts. It is built to be a companion to those who write, use and maintain Windows scripts. It helps those who use scripts easily download, update and remove scripts. It’s built for scripters, by scripters.
Download Bget: https://github.com/jahwi/bget
Via BITS: Type the following into the command prompt window:
Code: Select all
bitsadmin /transfer Bget%random% /download /priority HIGH "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jahwi/bget-list/master/latest/bget-latest.zip" "%cd%\bget-latest.zip"
- Download scripts from the Bget server: These scripts are vetted and sorted by us. We’ve gone about curating some of the most interesting scripts we could find that we think would be interesting and useful to you as well.
- Download scripts from Pastebin: Pastebin has long been the coder’s friend, and so we added the ability to fetch scripts from Pastebin. These scripts are not pre-vetted however, but they offer the ability for fast code downloading without waiting for us to vet them.
- Update scripts: Rather than manually re-download the latest version of every script, Bget handles that for you, getting the latest version of any script you’ve downloaded.
- Easily remove scripts: Don’t like a script you downloaded? Easily remove it with Bget. One command and it’s buh-bye script.
- View script info: This allows you to see basic information about a script such as its name, author and description, allowing you to make an informed decision before downloading.
- Bget also allows you to list all scripts on the server and list downloaded scripts on the local computer.
- Upgrade feature: Bget also updates itself so you always stay up-to-date.
- Multiple download methods: Bget has many ways to get a script. These are: Jscript, VBScript, Powershell, BITSAdmin and CURL.
The objective is to create an apt-like utility for windows scripters so we need not scour the internet in search of this-or-that tool.
I'd really like for the batch community to give this tool a try and provide valuable feedback.