Soul Lapse : Strategy JRPG with campaign, relics, and evolutions

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Lowsun

Soul Lapse : Strategy JRPG with campaign, relics, and evolutions

#1 Post by Lowsun » 23 Nov 2019 16:14

About 2 weeks ago, I started coding for a Batch RPG with elements common to those in Japanese games, which I would later find out is a sub-genre of it's own : a "JRPG". This includes the usual cast of anime stereotypes, wholly unfair gacha systems, and vast worlds of fantastical wonder. At any rate, I've played a couple of these games myself, and I tried to emulate such an effect in the creation of Soul Lapse. Here's a video of gameplay:

https://youtu.be/KhLi3f85RZM

I've just hoped that Soul Lapse is a breath of fresh air compared to other Batch "RPGs".

FEATURES

- Gacha System
- All female cast of 14 unique characters
- Unique passive abilities for each
- 15 level campaign, dream-like narration
- Fully coloured, hand made ASCII art
- Soundtrack & Sound effects, Save system
- Critical Hit System
- Evolve System (each level, a random Evolution Path is chosen to evolve characters at a cost)
- Relic System (each level, certain artifacts are chosen that give special effects that may or may not help the level)

How to read the character stats:

Code: Select all

name, passive ability, health, attack, number of turns, health to activate passive ability, and critical chance
Since Soul Lapse needs a couple other mp3 files, I've bundled it into a single .zip file for ease of access on Mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r0ehqto2 ... e.zip/file

koko

Re: Soul Lapse : Strategy JRPG with campaign, relics, and evolutions

#2 Post by koko » 24 Nov 2019 03:12

Looks neat. Glad for the video. Some threads that aren't even particularly old have been affected by changes to image hosts, both with Photobucket changing their hotlinking terms and Tinypic ending which leads to many broken images but I'd imagine YT will stick around a bit.

Yellow_13

#3 Post by Yellow_13 » 26 Nov 2019 12:24

I'll give it a try, it does sound cool! I'm a huge fan of the JRPG genre and started playing with Doom II and Panzer General on a MS-DOS computer, so why couldn't it be worth trying something that combines both? :D

Lowsun

#4 Post by Lowsun » 28 Nov 2019 21:18

@Yellow_13 Ah thanks! If you find any bugs, please do tell me :)