Sticky post (batch script collection)

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

miskox

Sticky post (batch script collection)

#1 Post by miskox » 14 Apr 2020 12:50

Here (viewtopic.php?p=61727#p61727) Penpen links to Batch script collection (outsourced) (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7420&p=49133#p49133).

I must say that I really like this post and would like to see it 'sticky' at the top of the forum (it can be found thru the 'how to get help quickly' but I want it direct accessable). And it is locked. So where should be new .bat files suggestions posted? (Carlos' color or generate all bin values are two of them to be added. And many others...).

Thanks.
Saso

aGerman
Expert

Re: Sticky post (batch script collection)

#2 Post by aGerman » 14 Apr 2020 15:38

Dave (in 2017) and I (in 2016) began to collect interesting and helpful topics over in the moderators corner of the forum. But alas - it seems we both failed to pursue for one reason or another :cry:
Back then I already tried to gather some suggestions from you guys. With temperate participation though.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7445&p=49378

However, meanwhile I'm not sure anymore if it would still make much sense. People come in with varied issues and personal preferences. Who would be really able to decide which topics are worth to get into the sticky post? Topics we would collect there might be completely out of interest for some users, while those which would meet their expectations are not even considered. A sticky post with a long list of different topics will quickly become confusing rather than helpful. Same with a long list of sticky posts which (even worse) would move new topics down.
From my point of view, the search function of the forum is appropriate to find topics which would help people with their issues (if only more of them would even use it).

Steffen