Printing both double-sided and single-sided with the same .cmd scipt

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

rixkert

Printing both double-sided and single-sided with the same .cmd scipt

#1 Post by rixkert » 20 Jul 2020 01:10

Hi!
I am having a problem which I can't solve for the last few days now. I have a lot of .pdf files in different folders which I want to print at the same time, without opening each one and print them individually. The situation is as follows: G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerA/OrderCustomerA.pdf G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerA/OrderCustomerAPart2.pdf G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerB/OrderCustomerB.pdf G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup2/CustomerC/OrderCustomerC.pdf

And this goes on, but you get the point (I hope :D)

I wrote the following .cmd script to sent all these files to the printer:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /h /t "G:\General\Orders\2020\2020June\CustomerGroup1/CustomerA\OrderCustomerA.pdf" "\\PRINTER NAME "nul"
TIMEOUT /T 5 /NOBREAK
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /h /t "G:\General\Orders\2020\2020June\CustomerGroup1/CustomerA\OrderCustomerAPart2.pdf" "\\PRINTER NAME "nul"
TIMEOUT /T 5 /NOBREAK
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /h /t "G:\General\Orders\2020\2020June\CustomerGroup1/CustomerB\OrderCustomerB.pdf" "\\PRINTER NAME "nul"
TIMEOUT /T 5 /NOBREAK
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /h /t "G:\General\Orders\2020\2020June\CustomerGroup2/CustomerC\OrderCustomerC.pdf" "\\PRINTER NAME "nul"
TIMEOUT /T 5 /NOBREAK
*(and so on)*

PAUSE
(The 5 second break between each line is needed because otherwise the printer cannot handle the speed of the receiving files)

This script works and sends all the files to the printer, but it listens to the default settings of the printer. So if the printers default setting is to print double sided, every file is printed double sided. If I change the printers default setting to print one-sided, every file is printed one sided.

So my question is: Is is possible to add a command after each line to tell the printer if this file needs to be printed double-sided or one-sided?

So lets say I want it like this: G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerA/OrderCustomerA.pdf DOUBLE-SIDED G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerA/OrderCustomerAPart2.pdf DOUBLE-SIDED G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup1/CustomerB/OrderCustomerB.pdf ONE-SIDED G:/General/Orders/2020/2020June/CustomerGroup2/CustomerC/OrderCustomerC.pdf DOUBLE-SIDED

I tried so many different things the last days and looked around different forums but I could not find an answer. So I hope somebody can help me. I hope everything is explained clearly. If not, please let me know. :)

rixkert

Re: Printing both double-sided and single-sided with the same .cmd scipt

#3 Post by rixkert » 20 Jul 2020 06:48

I don't think this is what I am looking for unfortunately.
Thanks for thinking along!

aGerman
Expert

Re: Printing both double-sided and single-sided with the same .cmd scipt

#4 Post by aGerman » 20 Jul 2020 10:52

I didn't find a command line option for Acrobat Reader which would the printer instruct to print either single- or double-sided. The only other opportunity I can think of is to instruct you printer directly with a preselection. But that would require your printer having a command line interface.
elzooilogico's link might still be helpful if your printer doesn't have a command line interface. Try to setup your printer by hand and export those setting for further use.

Steffen