new way for downloading files

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

npocmaka_

new way for downloading files

#1 Post by npocmaka_ » 04 Sep 2020 02:07

Ich bin´s selbst

Re: new way for downloading files

#2 Post by Ich bin´s selbst » 04 Sep 2020 02:17

Hello,

I´ve no idea what the link is doing, but the word "malware" sound not good at all.

Concierning "downloading" files, maybe You should have a look at the famous JDownloader.

I do not know whether this a helpful for You or just a bit stupid. But if You need further infos there will be a better answer to come soon...

Best regards

- Eric -

jfl

#3 Post by jfl » 04 Sep 2020 08:29

It's wildly exaggerated FUD:
There are many many ways to download files in Windows, and EVERY one of them can be used to download anything, including malware.
This is the beauty and the risk of liberty.

Ich bin´s selbst

#4 Post by Ich bin´s selbst » 04 Sep 2020 08:40

Hello,

I´m not at all sure what this thread is about... I just read "malware" and "download". So, I wanted to help with my experiences concierning downloading. And the JDownloader is quite a good method to filter unwanted files and handle downloading in a very comfortable way.

So, that´s all from over here.

ShadowThief
Expert

#5 Post by ShadowThief » 04 Sep 2020 10:18

Maybe you should try actually reading the article instead of freaking out and insulting trusted members of the community.

The point was that Windows Defender comes with a utility called MpCmdRun.exe, which can be used to download files. This could be useful in scripts that aren't running on Windows 10, where cURL is an option. The entire point is to use something that comes with Windows, and JDownloader very much does not. JDownloader claims to have a commandline version, but I can't find any evidence that it actually works.

Since this is a forum specifically for batch scripting and not a general Windows usage help forum, your recommendation isn't very helpful here.