PSU auto shutdown

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

juleklO

PSU auto shutdown

#1 Post by juleklO » 17 Nov 2020 22:44

Hello there!
I've got a new PSU (a GreenCell PowerProof 2000VA). It comes with its software that allows me to specify what actions should the PSU force onto the machine before it shuts down. I'm running a minecraft (yes, yes I know) server on that machine.
The server is started with this simple script:

Code: Select all

@echo OFF
    :loop
    java -Xmx14336M -Xms14336M -jar server.jar nogui
    echo Press CTRL+C to exit the server.
    timeout 10
    echo (%time%) Restarting.
    goto loop
The PSU software is able to execute "Command files" so I'm guessing that it includes .bat files. Is it possible to write any simple script/code to "make" the main cmd window that's running the server to issue a "stop" command, wait until it spats out the timeout, actually exit the console and only after this shut down the computer itself?
I'd just like to say I have little to no experience with these sorts of things, so if this question is too silly to be answered you can just link me to a resource that can help me with this.

P.S if anyone has this PSU, does your unit also gives off this "circuitry burning" smell when you change its communication type?

jeb
Expert

Re: PSU auto shutdown

#2 Post by jeb » 18 Nov 2020 06:12

Hi juleklO,

your question is a bit off topic for batch files.

Btw. The "GreenCell PowerProof 2000VA" is an UPS not a PSU.

Professional PSU's have an IPMI or redfish interface.
Many UPS claims to have an interface, but they differ from each vendor and model in many cases it's simply crap, undocumented or bad documented at all.

Good luck.

jeb

juleklO

Re: PSU auto shutdown

#3 Post by juleklO » 18 Nov 2020 15:32

Oh yeah, I messed up the naming, it's a UPS. And you're right. The software was made for Windows NT, and the UI resembles that. Anyway thanks for taking a look at it.