ERROR after starting this command in the batch file. WHY ?

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

ogneniq_kinjal

ERROR after starting this command in the batch file. WHY ?

#1 Post by ogneniq_kinjal » 24 Nov 2007 14:18

Hi. I'm from Bulgaria and first of all i want to excuse myself if there is some kind of missunderstanding because "english" is not my native language.

So, i wrote a batch file containing this command

reg add HKLM\software\microsoft\windows NT\CurrentVersion\winlogon\specialaccounts\UserList /v IE_USR /t REG_DWORD /d 0

and my problem is that after starting the batch file nothing happens. Also i wrote the command into the command prompt but this error replies

Error: Too many command-line parameters

I will be very grateful, if someone can help me, solving this problem.

DosItHelp
Expert

#2 Post by DosItHelp » 25 Nov 2007 14:55

Hi ogneniq_kinjal,

When a registry path has spaces in it then you need to put it in quotes, like this:

Code: Select all

reg add "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows NT\CurrentVersion\winlogon\specialaccounts\UserList" /v IE_USR /t REG_DWORD /d 0

If you have a batch file and want to keep it open when finished then use the PAUSE command as the last command.

DOS IT HELP?

ogneniq_kinjal

#3 Post by ogneniq_kinjal » 26 Nov 2007 11:56

DosItHelp wrote:Hi ogneniq_kinjal,

When a registry path has spaces in it then you need to put it in quotes, like this:

Code: Select all

reg add "HKLM\software\microsoft\windows NT\CurrentVersion\winlogon\specialaccounts\UserList" /v IE_USR /t REG_DWORD /d 0

If you have a batch file and want to keep it open when finished then use the PAUSE command as the last command.

DOS IT HELP?

Thank you very much. It worked that way.