Running cmd from address bar is buggy.

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

npocmaka_

Running cmd from address bar is buggy.

#1 Post by npocmaka_ » 02 Oct 2017 13:37

You might know that you can run a program listed in the %path% in a certain dir by tiping its name in the address bar in a certain folder.
But running the cmd in this way seems to be buggy.

Examples:

Code: Select all

set /p=
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2371 in the message file for Application.

pause
DNS name does not exist.

echo ^
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2352 in the message file for Application.

and so on.
Could be interesning for some one who think can reveal more info about the internal cmd commands by these debug messages.
To me looks like it can find the resource files where messages are stored because of the cmd was started - probably it searches for them in the local directory because it runs without errors when started in this way from system32. (probably the same result can be achieved if cmd.exe is copied in another directory)

Squashman
Expert

Re: Running cmd from address bar is buggy.

#2 Post by Squashman » 02 Oct 2017 14:01

I put your examples in a batch file and did not get the same results running it from address bar on Windows 7 Pro. It executed like a normal batch file.

npocmaka_

Re: Running cmd from address bar is buggy.

#3 Post by npocmaka_ » 02 Oct 2017 14:04

Squashman wrote:I put your examples in a batch file and did not get the same results running it from address bar on Windows 7 Pro. It executed like a normal batch file.

I'm with win 8.1 pro . Later I can try with win10.