Batch RPG: 004RPG (new) and HyperRPG (outdated)

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

Which batch RPG is better?

004RPG
50%
HyperRPG
50%

Total votes: 2

fireYtail

Batch RPG: 004RPG (new) and HyperRPG (outdated)

#1 Post by fireYtail » 14 Dec 2017 09:20

Hi there. I'm new to DosTips.com and here I present you my two batch RPGs: my first one ever (HyperRPG) and my second one, updated and optimized (004RPG)! Please try them out, answer the poll and comment!! Thank you very much and if Hyper wins the poll, I might consider updating and optimizing it too!!! Aren't you curious about why I named them that?

004RPG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntvjwjrvpwkbd ... G.zip?dl=0

HyperRPG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6etzq248icoxv ... G.zip?dl=0

Happy gaming experience and have a superb day...
Attachments
HyperRPG.zip
Hyper role playing game (outdated)
(34.33 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
004RPG.zip
004 role playing game (new)
(22.29 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

ShadowThief
Expert

Re: Batch RPG: 004RPG (new) and HyperRPG (outdated)

#2 Post by ShadowThief » 27 Nov 2018 14:09

I'm feeling nice, so you won't get the usual "actively try to nitpick every flaw there is" treatment that I usually give these things.

Both games could stand to be optimized. HyperRPG is 200 KB. You could easily get it to half that. 004RPG could easily be in the double digits in terms of file size.
There doesn't seem to be much of a plot. How do you know when you beat the game? Do you just... stop playing?
I couldn't find a way to quit other than clicking the X in the top right. I want a way to stop playing the game without using the mouse.

I really dislike that you made 004RPG fullscreen. My monitor is 3440x1440 and that's way too much magenta to look at. I know I can just un-maximize it, but I shouldn't have to.
Also, magenta is probably the second-worst color you could have possibly picked for this, behind yellow. I played for about three minutes and my eyes started to hurt. That's not an exaggeration; my eyes actually started to hurt from looking at your game.

The players and enemies should be given actual names and not just numbers; it's hard to keep track of what is where.
The choices shouldn't appear until my level is high enough to select them (when I'm level 5, I should only see options for level 5 and below)

Some instructions would be nice. I played for a while and never managed to level up.
fireYtail wrote:
14 Dec 2017 09:20
Aren't you curious about why I named them that?
Not really, no.

Aacini
Expert

Re: Batch RPG: 004RPG (new) and HyperRPG (outdated)

#3 Post by Aacini » 27 Nov 2018 15:26

ShadowThief wrote:
27 Nov 2018 14:09
fireYtail wrote:
14 Dec 2017 09:20
Aren't you curious about why I named them that?
Not really, no.
This is the exact same answer I wanted to post! :wink:

Antonio